Facility Hire & Events
Additional Hygiene and Safety Measures
From 29th March 2021 members of the public are able to book some of our outdoor facilities by the hour. Government guidelines must be adhered to and therefore bookings can be made for a maximum of 6 people from different households (rule of 6) or as a mix of two households only (please note, we have our own maximum numbers for each facility, details can be found below). Click here for more information.
The health and safety of guests and our staff is always top priority which is why we've introduced additional hygiene and safety measures for facility hire. Click here to see the measures we have introduced.
Outdoor Facility Hire - Monday 29th March - Saturday 10th April 2021
This Easter, members of the public are able to book some of our outdoor facilities in hourly slots, from 29th March-10th April.
Government guidelines must be adhered to and therefore bookings can be made for a maximum of 6 people from different households (rule of 6) or as a mix of two households only (please note, we have our own maximum numbers for each facility, details can be found below).
Please see a list of the facilities available, prices, time slots and maximum number of people per booking below.
The health and safety of guests and our staff is always our top priority, and to keep everyone safe, we’ve introduced a number of additional hygiene and safety measures.
Before booking, please read more about the measures in place here.
All guests must park in the Swimming Pool Car Park and register in the Swimming Pool Foyer on arrival. Adults and children aged 11 or over are asked to wear a face covering when inside the foyer.
Facility Hire Rates
At least one member of a booking party must be aged 18 or over
Astro Full Pitch - £55 per hour, maximum of 6 people - Organised sports clubs/teams can have more than 6 people in total, but they should be split into groups of 6.
Astro Half Pitch - £30 per hour, maximum of 6 people - 6 players or 5 players and 1 coach.
Cricket Nets - £8 per person, per hour, maximum of 2 people per net.
Grass Area - £20 per hour, maximum of 6 people in a group - Organised sports clubs/teams can have more than 6 people in total, but they should be split into groups of 6.
Pitch and Putt* - £5.50 per person, per hour, maximum of 6 people in a group.
Tennis Court - £10 per hour, maximum of 4 people per court.
Athletics Track - £5 per person, per hour, maximum of 6 people in a group.
Please note, there may be other people using another area of the same facility at the same time as you. For example, there will be a maximum of 6 people starting use of the pitch and putt at any given time, so if you book a slot as a sole person, there may be 5 other people starting at the same time. We ask that you practise social distancing whilst using facilities and around site.
*Unfortunately, due to the period of time the putting green has been out of use it is not of its usual standard.
Available Time Slots
Bookings can be made on Mondays-Saturdays from 29th March-10th April at the following times:
Pitch and Putt: Hourly from 09.15-17.15
All other facilities: 09.30, 10.45, 12.00, 13.15, 14.30, 15.45, 17.00.
We may be able to accommodate some bookings outside of these hours, please contact us to enquire.
Government guidelines must be adhered to and therefore bookings can be made for a maximum of 6 people from different households (rule of 6) or as a mix of two households only (please note, we have our own maximum numbers for each facility)
Click the button below to book
Please ensure you read all of the health and safety measures in place before arrival, which can be found here.
All bookings/facility hires are bound by our terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions - Facility Hire & Bookings
- Government guidelines must be adhered to and therefore bookings can be made for a maximum of 6 people from different households (rule of 6) or as a mix of two households only (Millfield's maximum numbers for each facility still apply).
- At least one member of a booking party must be aged 18 or over.
- All attendees must ensure they read the Additional Hygiene and Safety Measures before making a booking and adhere to the measures in place. Click here to view.
- Millfield reserves the right to cancel bookings at any time, and will endeavour to contact anyone who has made a booking to inform them of the cancellation as soon as possible.
- To ensure the safety of the school community during the Covid-19 pandemic, we are asking everyone intending to enter the campus to complete a digital pre-screening questionnaire before arrival. In line with regulations, the data collected will be stored, securely and confidentially, for a maximum of 21 days and then permanently destroyed. The information may be shared with third parties where it is deemed necessary. You will be emailed a link to complete our pre-screening questionnaire in advance of your booking commencing. If this is not completed, your booking will be cancelled.
- Millfield and Millfield Prep are non-smoking campuses, therefore smoking is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of vaping devices.
- It is not permitted to bring alcohol on-site.
- For health and hygiene reasons, it is not permitted to bring dogs on-site.
- Millfield reserves the right to ask any participant or guest on campus to leave for behaviour we deem to be thoroughly unreasonable or which might interfere with the safety of any other participants, guests or staff.
- Regulations made for the safety and comfort of attendees must be observed.
- First names, photographs or images (including video recordings) may be taken and used online and/or in print for use in promotional material (such as adverts and brochures), on our websites and on social media. On occasion, these may be used for press and media purposes. We may seek specific consent from Parents or Legal Guardians before using a photograph or video recording where we consider that the use is more privacy intrusive. Where the participant is of sufficient maturity (usually when aged 12 years or older) we may seek the participant’s specific prior consent (which may be obtained verbally) in addition to or instead of the Parents’ or Legal Guardian’s consent. Objections will be respected – please make the staff member at the registration point aware of any objections you may have on the day of your booking.
- Millfield cannot accept responsibility for any personal loss or damage to property or any injury sustained by participants and guests.
- Participants and guests are forbidden from walking around the school grounds or using any play equipment or facilities other than those which they have booked. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in any offenders having to leave the premises immediately.
What We Offer
Our facilities can be hired for individual bookings or for conferences and events.
We have hosted events both at national and international levels, with our wide range of facilities making Millfield the perfect place for a variety of purposes including corporate hospitality functions, exhibitions, concerts and shows.
We have a selection of accommodation both on and off-site and a number of catering options available with a fantastic catering team at our Street and Glastonbury campuses.
Why choose Millfield for your event?
- modern facilities
- a dedicated Events Co-ordinator
- a range of catering options
- on and off-site accommodation
- countryside setting
- a great base to explore Somerset with Glastonbury, Wells, Bristol and Bath within easy reach